Flippin' pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Strength in Adversity


"Strength in Adversity" Janice Huse



One of my favorite paintings that my mom has ever painted (there are many, many, many that are my favorite) is titled "Strength in Adversity." Anyone who knows me well knows that I have been going through a very hard time for awhile now. The brilliance behind this life that we were given is that each and every moment is a chance. An opportunity. A choice and a chance for change, to grow and learn from good decisions, to make mistakes and learn from them as well. Further, to influence others in a positive way.








Gabriel: An archangel who serves as a messenger for God.




Today, Gabriel was born. My Rosie Posie finally had her little baby boy. What an incredible day!!! His entrance to this world was not easy to say the least. I feel so blessed (understatement) to have been in touch with Donnie throughout the labor. THANK YOU, DONNIE!




The fight in her is so strong and powerful that she refused to let him or herself go. I imagined it no other way. The woman who gave birth to him is one of the strongest people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. The strength that she has carried throughout her time here has affected me and so many others in a positive way. Often, it takes witnessing strength in another to find the strength in our own hearts. We often don't know the reasons for our trials until after we have been humbled enough to allow ourselves to become a vessel for what true strength and faith represents. Congratulations Rose, Donnie, and Patrick!! And, a huge welcome to GABRIEL!!!! A little angel that brings the message of strength, meaning, and peace.











2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful way to begin, and, furthermore, a profound statement regarding our capacities for resilience as individuals. Some times it is all too easy to be blinded by the debris stirred about by our plights, making it difficult to recognize that merely by continuing to breath, continuing to move, continuing to be, throughout the darkness in our lives, that we may inadvertently be instilling hope in others who are overwhelmed by their own struggles--hope to see, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this. This is so beautiful it made me cry...so love you so much

    ReplyDelete